Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Drive

Today I took a drive across the state of Kansas, mainly down I-70 and went Highway Alligator hunting.  As I scoured the roadside for these not so elusive creatures, I thought about the fact that I did not have my camera with me.  That was not good planning on my part.  So instead of just I-spying them, I rescued two highway alligators and brought them home.  I can reproduce their habitat here close to the farm without danger to myself and then can share pictures of them with all of you here.  So look for that this week.

When I got back home this evening I thought it best to go check on the garden.  Well the high winds we have been having knocked down the west side of the fence so that needed to be fixed.  I would have just left it for the morning but I had to rabbit proof the garden 100% -- I was about 95% done -- because much to my amazement, I had cucumbers and green beans already popping through the ground.  Needless to say, I was very excited and got the hose switched over to the soaker hose to give the cucumbers and tomatoes a drink. 

Tomorrow I will work on getting the gate built, shouldn't take much other than time and probably a few choice words at various intervals.  Then I need to get pumpkins and squash planted.  Dad informed me that he did not get the squash in as he had hoped this week while I was busy working.  Course the wind makes it very hard to be outside for any length of time.

Well that brings us to the end of the weekend.  I have 2 highway alligators curled up by my east deck and a growing list of things to get done tomorrow.  I think I need a nap already especially since I did not get one today!

Have a wonderful first week of June everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. By highway alligators, do you mean pieces from a truck tire that has self destructed?

    ReplyDelete