Friday, July 19, 2013

Road trip with the dogs (or how to get your interior drool cleansed)

This was the view in the rear view mirror on today's road trip to deliver a half of a beef to my sister.  Mom and dad assured me that Kya, our lab/retriever/chow mix, would lay down eventually.  That happened briefly for about 2 minutes as we drove by a race track along Highway 36 somewhere in eastern Colorado. 

My co-pilot Duncan, who is 13 years old, laid down next to me in his spot in the front seat for all but the last 20 minutes of the trip when it was imperative for him to sit up and smell the fresh air because once we got into town I was able to turn the AC off and put the windows down.  Nothing like 10-15 degrees cooler than at home. 

Only after I rolled the windows down did Kya's big black face disappear out of my rear view mirror only to be replaced in my side mirror. . . . but at least I could see the traffic behind me.




They are finally relaxed, laying down on the cool cement at my sister's house while I quietly enjoy being able to be outside without sweating - it is only 80 or so here.  I am quiet, not the sounds of the city.  That is the only thing I don't like about this patio, location, location, location.

Have a great weekend everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment