Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Getting dirty is so much fun!!!

I love the feel of freshly tilled dirt on my bare feet.  Memorial day morning I left my flip flops at the garden gate entrance and stepped inside with my bare feet.  The warm dirt was like a snuggle sock all around my feet.  Green beans in hand, I got them all scattered into 6 rows, raked over and ready for the sprinkler.  There are not many places on the farm where a person can go barefoot because of goat head stickers, rocks, and other things that are painful when you step on them.  But the garden dirt is the best place to go barefoot and play in the dirt.  Talk about your specialized pedicure. . . . gives mud treatment a whole new meaning.  Hopefully there will be little green plants popping up through the dirt by this time next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment