Wednesday, February 20, 2019

New Year, New Challenges

2019 started off rather disappointing.  I lost my job of almost 6 years without an explanation or any indication leading up to the day my boss walked into the office to hand me my paycheck and tell me that I don't need to come back to the office to work.   (pause for shock factor to set in)

It took me a couple of days to get over the shock of it all but luckily I had been quietly testing the job market in NW Kansas to see what was out there and had an interview set up for the end of that week.  I didn't get that job from the interview I had already set up, but the lady that interviewed me was nice enough to let me know of a couple other jobs in the area she thought I might be interested in.  That led me to 3 positions posted in the county hospital.  At the time of this post writing, I am waiting to hear from the hospital. 

In the meantime, I am back to working full-time doing medical transcription, specifically radiology.  Hopefully I won't get to comfortable in that 2nd shift schedule by the time I get offered a job outside of the home.

These are my challenges: 
1.  Learning to job hunt after age of 50.
2.  Figuring out how to balance my life between my house on my parent's farm and the new house on my husband's farm.
3.  Figuring out what day of the week is by my location and work schedule.

I am still trying to figure out how chaos and upheaval found their way into my quiet life.  I thought by this point I would be settled in a job/career that would have me looking forward to retirement in 25 years. . . . . now I am just hoping to find a job that I can work at for the next 25-30 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment