Tuesday, May 27, 2014

2014 PUMPKIN PATCHES

I just finished planting the Rogers Farm Pumpkin Patch.  Because of a healthy congregation of rabbits in the area, these prized and special pumpkins will get a fence added this weekend before they sprout so the rabbits do not eat the plants before we have pumpkins.

So what is so special about the patch at the Rogers Farm you wonder?  It is going to grow some very special pumpkins that I hope I can sell in October.  I will try to take pictures throughout the growing process and with God's help by sparing us from hail storms we will have 3 varieties here at Rogers Farm.

Porcelain Doll (purple) - Light pink skinned and proceeds from the sale of these special pumpkin seeds are going to breast cancer research as we continue to fight this cancer.

Musquee de Provence (yellow) - Chocolate skinned pumpkins with bright orange centers.

Baby Boo (orange) - I had 3 seeds left that were hiding in the envelope so they came down here to help boost the garden and give it a little color variety.  These are my minature white skinned pumpkins I have grown for years.




No comments:

Post a Comment